I have done a skirt and a jacket for Prototype 1 and Prototype 2. So I was thinking to make a pants zero waste pattern. I already tried a few pants pattern from Zero Waste Fashion Design (Timo Rissanen & Holly Mcquillan) book. So I developed the pattern and incorporated my name into the master plan.
I was deciding where to use the blocked design or curved one for my pants. The final decision I used the first one and sew a muslin toile.
My first initial idea is to use the “L” piece as a back pocket. but I was left with a big chunk negative area from “L” piece. The second problem is the crotch I draw initially is not big enough so I cannot wear the pants at all. So I tried another version of the pants.
I seam ripped the side seam and used the negative “L” shape as a waistband facing. I made an initial of my name as a design on the back pants and canceled the back pocket idea. But I didn’t proceed with this look as well because the back design is a bit cheeky and the open side seam will not work with elastic waistband.
My fabric for the Prototype 2 has arrived, I will be back again after I finish my Prototype 2 actual.